by Health Nomad
- 1 Large brown onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped of crushed)
- 2 cups of walnuts or almonds (blended)
- 2 cans of lentils
- 1 cup of organic red wine (optional)
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 700g of passats
- 500g pasta sauce of choice (check ingredients to make sure it doesn’t contain meat, eggs or dairy)</>
- 1 tbs salt (add more if needed)
- 1 tsp pepper (add more if needed)
- 1 handful freshly chopped parsley OR basil
- 1 tbs each fresh oregano and thyme (2 tbs each if using dried herbs)
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- Your favorite pasta
- In a large pot, add onion and half a cup of water. Cook until onion starts to turn translucent and add more water if needed.
- Add garlic, oregano, thyme and lentils, mixing well (add the tiniest bit of water if ingredients start to stick to bottom of pan).
- Once you start to smell the fragrance of the herbs add pasta sauce, passata, red wine, salt, pepper, sunflower seeds and nut meal. Incorporate well on medium heat.
- Once bubbles start to appear on surface add chopped parsley or basil and simmer on low heat for a minimum of 20 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sauce from burning on the bottom of pot.
- Take sauce off the heat and mix in hemp seeds before serving on top of your favourite pasta. Buon appetito!
Georgia Steele is a certified yoga teacher and current natural medicine student with a passion for holistic health, travel and plant based food.