Filed under: RecipesTagged with: albumin, amino acids, antioxidants, better bolognse, bolognse, edestin, environment, fibre, georgia steel, health, health nomad, healthy fats, healthy pasta, hemp, hemp food, hemp hearts, hemp seed, nutrition, organic, protein, super food, vegan, vitamins, wellness
by Health Nomad
- 1 Large brown onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped of crushed)
- 2 cups of walnuts or almonds (blended)
- 2 cans of lentils
- 1 cup of organic red wine (optional)
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 700g of passats
- 500g pasta sauce of choice (check ingredients to make sure it doesn’t contain meat, eggs or dairy)</>
- 1 tbs salt (add more if needed)
- 1 tsp pepper (add more if needed)
- 1 handful freshly chopped parsley OR basil
- 1 tbs each fresh oregano and thyme (2 tbs each if using dried herbs)
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- Your favorite pasta
- In a large pot, add onion and half a cup of water. Cook until onion starts to turn translucent and add more water if needed.
- Add garlic, oregano, thyme and lentils, mixing well (add the tiniest bit of water if ingredients start to stick to bottom of pan).
- Once you start to smell the fragrance of the herbs add pasta sauce, passata, red wine, salt, pepper, sunflower seeds and nut meal. Incorporate well on medium heat.
- Once bubbles start to appear on surface add chopped parsley or basil and simmer on low heat for a minimum of 20 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sauce from burning on the bottom of pot.
- Take sauce off the heat and mix in hemp seeds before serving on top of your favourite pasta. Buon appetito!
Georgia Steele is a certified yoga teacher and current natural medicine student with a passion for holistic health, travel and plant based food.