by Tegan Scates of ‘High on Hemp’
There’s nothing like a warm slice of delicious banana bread to help warm the soul during the colder months. This Hemp Banana Bread recipe by High on Hemp founder Tegan Scates is super easy and sure to impress, give it a whirl!
- 1 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of milk of your choice
- 2 large mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup of Australia Primary hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- (optional) – Decorate with banana slices, drizzled honey and hemp seeds
- PREHEAT your oven to 160° F fan-forced.
- COMBINE all ingredients into a mixing blow.
- MIX until combined.
- SPOON batter into a lined loaf tin.
- DECORATE with banana slice, honey and hemp seeds before placing in the oven.
- BAKE for 1 hour or until cooked through – test with a skewer first before removing from the oven.
- COOL completely before removing from the tin.
- SERVE alone or with coconut ice-cream.
High on Hemp
High on Hemp was established with one goal in mind, to educate and raise awareness of sustainability, and how hemp can change the way we live and the environment we live in. Founder Tegan Scates started her hemp journey in 2014, striving to use her diverse skill set to help play a key role in educating Australians on the burgeoning hemp industry. Please check out the High on Hemp Website, or High on Hemp Instagram page to learn more.